When PatchPrinter isn’t activated yet, a dialog will show upon start. To activate PatchPrinter, you will need a personal activation key. This can be bought by filling in the contact form on the PatchPrinter website. Please note the both the “Name” and “Key” fields are case sensitive!
To use PatchPrinter in DEMO mode, you can cancel the activation dialog. Everything works, but Saving, Printer and Exporting will be disabled.
Messed up your template file? Download the default basic template file HERE.
This is an EXAMPLE FILE showing the possibilities of PatchPrinter. Thanks Pieter!
Current Version: 2.00b61 (2-12-2021)
- Added a Location Override property to Cables and Universes. This allows the location colour to appear in the Loom Cables and Cable List Sheet.
- Added Requirement Sheet for DMX, Power or both.
- Added a Fixture Location Sheet.
- Added an option to the preferences to make de power adjust file read only.
- Added the option to use a (Multi)Cable as Auxiliary Bay Input.
- Added the option to use a Cable as feed for a PD/Dimmer.
Version: 2.00b59 (17-11-2021)
- Fixed bug in sorting Data Distributors in the Dimcity Summary Sheet.
- Included Power Feed max current in the “Show Progress” dialog when there are violations.
- Fixed bug causing dimmer curves to be reset to the first curve after reopening the file.
- Lots of minor bugfixes!
Version: 2.00b58 (24-9-2021)
- Lots of minor bugfixes!
Version: 2.00b57 (11-9-2021)
- Added a new Universe Sheet. Here you can see all the channels of a universe and the fixtures patched to this universe. You also can drag a fixture to a certain address.
- The Length and Note are now included in the Loom Sheet.
- Added “Address Dipswitch” (yes, you still might find them..) as label element.
Version: 2.00b56 (5-9-2021)
- In the DMX Patch Sheet in Edit View, Layout Type “Sorted by Universe”, there now are clear indicators for gaps and double patched fixtures.
- Fixed bug causing aligning universes to fail.
- Added an option to mark a Fixture as “Skipped”. This will be striked through in the DMX Patch Sheet and Fixture Sheet, but remains in all other calculations.
- Added the option to show the worst case neutral current in the Power Feed Summary Sheet.
- Fixed bug causing a crash when having a Label with a custom Image.
Version: 2.00b55 (2-9-2021)
- Images can now be included in the PatchPrinter file.
- Powerfactors of fixtures can now also be saved for future use.
- Powerfactors are now included in the current and power calculations.
- Fixed bug causing PatchPrinter to crash when opening a DMX Patch.
Version: 2.00b54 (30-8-2021)
- Fixed bug causing the DMX patch sheet to draw over the footer.
- Fixed bug causing the DMX patch sheet not drawing a universe on a new page when this layout type is selected.
- Fixed bug causing Fixtures directly connected to a PD/Dimmer not to show up in the resource tree.
- Fixed bug causing some sheets to scroll to a different position when dragging an object.
- Fixed bug causing assigning fixtures or dimmers to a universe to fail.
- Added the option to fill in a number while skipping labels
- Added the option to use Fixture Type and Mode on a label
Version: 2.00b53 (26-7-2021)
- Added the option to set an alternating row color override for each bay.
- Various bug fixes.
Version: 2.00b52 (17-7-2021)
- Improved Warning icons and Progress.
- Fixed a bug causing al cables to be a Schuko after opening a file.
- Improved (Re)Addressing Fixtures.
- Fixed a bug causing Bay with multiple outlets to show the wrong loads.
- The Import Split column now can be the same as the Universe column as long as the universe number and split are separated with a comma, dot or the configured DMX Split string from the Preferences.
Version: 2.00b51 (11-7-2021)
- Implemented Auxiliary Bay.
- Added support for exporting ELC dmXLAN nodeGBx 8 Slave nodes to a .dxl file.
- Fixed bug causing the number of channels of a Cable not to update when changing the cable type.
- Fixed a bug preventing to print PD / Dimmer bay labels.
- Double clicking a PatchPrinter (.pxp) file now will open that file directly in PatchPrinter.
- Fixed a bug causing replaced fixtures not to update in te active sheet.
- Fixed a bug causing Power Feed names not to update.
- Fixed bug causing PatchPrinter to crash when assigning Data Distributors to a Dimcity.
- Improved DMX information in the PD / Dimmer Sheet.
- Improved switching template in the PD / Dimmer Sheet.
- Fixed bug causing PatchPrinter to show non-existing Unassigned DMX lines in de Dimcity Summary Sheet.
- Fixed a bug causing PatchPrinter to crash when importing a .csv for the second time.
- Improved drag and drop in all sheets in Print View for Windows.
- Fixed bug in the PD/Dimmer Patch Sheet when having multiple CEE outlets in a single bay.
- Changed the way the defaults templates are delivered. When opening PatchPrinter for the first time, PatchPrinter will automatically download the default basic template file. This prevents overwriting your modifications to the templates when installing an update of PatchPrinter.
- Fixed a bug causing fixtures to loose their patch info when dragged to a dimmer.
- When importing a .csv you now can match with a fixture that is not in the fixture library yet.
- Added extra options to the Fixture Sheet (Fixture Summary, Header On All Pages, Table Header On All Pages & Header Between Types).
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when changing a color in the Location Manager.
- Fixed a bug causing undefined behaviour when adding a sheet via the Sheet Wizard.
Version: 2.00b47 (2-6-2021)
- Fixed a bug causing certain .csv imports on Windows to fail.
- Set the path to a Custom Fixture Library. This library will not be overridden when updating the Fixture Library.
- Add fixtures which are not in the library via the wizard.
- Fixed bug causing PatchPrinter to crash when dragging a universe split to a Data Distributor.
- Fixed bug causing PatchPrinter to crash when removing universes or cable used in a Data Distributor or Loom.
Version: 2.00b45 (19-5-2021)
- 3-Phase Bays are now drawn in a single row.Added the option to create templates for Data Distributors.
- Improved scrolling in the Windows version.
- Universes with a split now can be assigned to only single Data Distributor port.
- Added “Open Recent” to the File Menu.
Version: 2.00b44 (12-5-2021)
- Changed “Multi’s” to “Cables”.
- Added the option to create templates for Data Distributors.
- Fixtures now can be dragged directly to a PD/Dimmer.
- Looms and Data Distributors now can be dragged to a Dimcity Summary Sheet.
- Fixed a bug causing PatchPrinter to crash when removing objects.
- Fixed a bug causing PatchPrinter to crash when publishing.
- Fixed a bug in the PD/Dimmer sheets preventing choosing a template or conversion.
- Added the most common fibers cables to the available cable types.
- Added the ability to duplicate label and header elements.
Version: 2.00b43 (28-3-2021)
- Fixed a bug causing PatchPrinter to crash when importing a CSV.
- Added the option to auto fill in the Universe Short names.
- Auto assign the used DMX lines to the nodes in a Dimcity.
- The number of inputs can be specified for a DMX Splitter and a port can be linked to an input. Ports with the same input need to have the same universe.
Version: 2.00b42 (16-3-2021)
- Fixed a crash after changing the amount of bay outlets in the template manager to a greater number than the number of bay channels.
- Fixed a crash on Widows when typing in the Filter Control.
- Added the option to not automatically abbreviate data in the PD/DImmers sheets.
Version: 2.00b41 (13-3-2021)
- Added the option to show the ‘Note’ column in the Fixture Sheet.
- Fixed the Statusbar.
- Fixed bug in the Dimcity Summary Sheet causing a table header to be draw unnecessary.
- Fixed bug causing PatchPrinter to crash when label templates with multiple items were selected.
Version: 2.00b40 (12-3-2021)
- Added Location Colours, perfect for Touring!
- Added Preferences for Default Multi Cable Type and Default Universe Type.
- Added an option to mark empty cables in a loom as Spare.
Version: 2.00b39 (9-3-2021)
- Implemented Generic CSV export.
- Fixed Bug crashing PatchPinter at start up when running Big Sur (only in the last version, due to the newly added statusbar). The statusbar will return when it’s fixed.
Version: 2.00b36 (8-3-2021)
- Improved Power Feed wizard. Defaults to the Max current for the selected cable type and the default selection is Powerlock.
- Added Statusbar where the last actions can be found. Also, reasons when an action fails can be found there.
- Improved unnecessarily expanding or collapsing Resource Tree items.
Version: 2.00b35 (7-3-2021)
- Added the possibility to drag a multi channel to a multi channel. This is the equivalent of using a break in.
- Speed improvements. (!)
- Filter templates when adding.
Version: 2.00b34 (4-3-2021)
- PD or Dimmers which can be hot-patched now include the available outlet count and types. This will prevent patching to too many outlets and also lets you patch to various outlet types. You will need to update this in your racks, sorry!
- Added an option to name new multi’s alphabetically in addition to numerical.
- Resorts when the name is changed of a Multi or Universe or when the fixture number is changed of a fixture.
- Added Warning in the progress dialog when a multi is patched to multiple racks.
- Fixed sizing in the registration dialog on Windows.
- Fixed a bug where changes in the sheet template were not immediately visible.
- Copying bays now will ask you to copy the name as well.
- Improved Tree Expand/Collapse state.
Version: 2.00b33 (2-3-2021)
- Fixed bug while renaming a sheet not showing it in the tab name.
- Added Fixture Multi and Multi Channel to dmXLAN Export.
- Fixed bug where dragging a Universe split to a Loom or Data Distributor caused the split to dissapear.
- Changed the default Template location on Windows
Version: 2.00b32 (1-3-2021)
- Insert / Delete Label and Header Elements
- If you’ve edited a PD/Dimmer Template which is in use by a PD or Dimmer loaded from file, you will be asked to update it’s template
- The path to the Template file is now correct when installing PatchPrinter for the first time
- Fixed Bug Power in Fixture wizard
- Fixed Bug adding or duplicating a PD/Dimmer Template
Version: 2.00b31 (27-2-2021)
- Improved dragging Universe Splits
- Improved Progress Dialog
- Fixed Bug where the Fixture power remained 0 after filling it in in the wizard
- Generic Bug Fixes